Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bliss

Some days I am filled with unexpected bliss. I wish I could bottle this feeling into an elixir to ingest when darker clouds cover my sky. I am light, my heart is wide open, I tap into the root of calm energy. My yoga teacher quotes Adyashanti, "There is no reason to withhold love from anyone or anything." She tells us her belief that love is the agent that can dissolve the sticky grip of the ego that keeps us trapped, stuck, unconnected. "Do you feel good when you can touch your toes and bad when you can't?" There are many crazy ways that I measure my worth, my worthiness. What would happen if I stopped believing in such judegements? I know when I am lying in bed for the last time, too sick or old to get up again, that such judging will seem ridiculous. "What a waste of time," I will say to myself not able to do anything anymore but enjoy the sun flickering through the red leaves or the soft hands of my grandaughter.

For today, perhaps I can let go and flow with the river so much easier than swimming up stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment