Monday, September 26, 2011

Truth in Others

No one person has the whole truth David Hartman, Orthodox Jewish Rabbi and Philosopher

No one person has the whole truth. That is why we need each other.

From my yoga teacher, I learn the truth of discipline, practice, surrender of the busy mind.

From my daughter, I learn the truth of love, change, vulnerability, the fierceness of growth.

From my parents, I learned the truth of my heritage, tradition, family bonds, sacrifice.

From the woman who walks now with a cane, I learn the truth of humility, courage, life as it is and not how we would like it to be.

From the stranger I learn the truth of jealously, of compassion, of misunderstanding, of grace.

From the girl who serves my coffee I learn the truth of dreams, unmet and hoped for, of youth, of possibility.

In seeing the truth of others, I find my capacity to learn.

With each encounter, I am a beginner once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment